Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Re: Administrivia...

I totally agree with Chandu, this is a discussion forum not a political forum.  Intellectual people are using this forum for discussions  on what's good or bad ? and how we can contribute to improve?
 
 
Krishha.

Chandu Sambasiva Rao <srchandu@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Friends,

First of all, let me express my appreciation to all of you for making
AndhraOne a stronger forum day by day. I am convinced that this is an
effective medium to learn about, and discuss our ideas. I hope you
agree with me. I am sure our members are very learned, talented, and
serious in expressing their views. I congratulate all of you for
sharing, reading, and pondering over how best to tackle some of the
knotty issues that we need to master to better achieve development
goals of Andhra Pradesh.

As AndhraOne is increasing in size by leaps and bounds, I thought I
should reiterate the best practices that work in a Public Forum like
this one.

1. Please refrain from using any remarks that may be (perceived as)
insulting. There is absolutely no need to insult anyone, let it be our
own members or the subjects that are referred to in our discussions,
like say, politicians.

Saying so and so is the best/worst will not make our point any
stronger. It will only evoke stronger emotions and in any emotionally
charged context we lose the strength of our arguments.

2. Obviously, we need to be sensitive to the fact that we are not
praising/ criticising a politician as an individual but the policies
and acts they come to personify. Please check your words to imply this.

3. When you need to argue for/against a particular politician/his
philosophy/his party's philosophy, please do so. Infact that is what we
should be discussing here so we can generate a consensus on what works
and what does not. Please apply the above suggestions.

4. Always try to give suggestions and why you think your suggestions
are better (alternatives). The model I generally use in any discussion
is, trying to answer the "Why?" part of the issue at hand. Instead of
simply saying, X is doing something wrong, I try to say why I think it
is wrong. This, I think, will open up the discussion and we all will
have a better understanding of the issue.

Please feel free to add your best practices to this.
Let us all share and discuss our ideas in an "open" way.

Regards,
Chandu


Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

No comments: