Monday, February 06, 2006

Re: Just a thought: let us discuss & ACT!


All,

Please read this article in Enaadu:

http://www.eenadu.net/panelhtml.asp?qrystr=htm/panel11.htm

May be our group could help this girl to get her
education going. Do we have anyone in group that
belongs to Kothuru or near-by place (Nellore district)
that could enquire about the real situation of this
girl and her family?

Thanks,
Sagar Yerramsetti.

--- Ramesh Koganti <rkoganti@hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

Hello,

Thanks a lot for sharing this article. At personal
level, though I have not studied in the school, I have
so many relatives who went to this school and some
them are very successful. One of them is my uncle and
my mentor, Sri Kilaru Venkata Subba Rao (KVS), retired
Principal of VSR&NVR college. I used to visit my grand
father (Sri Kilaru Jaganadha Rao) often times in
Munagalapallii Lanka via Chilumuru. Every time we pass
through by Chilumuru, my mother used to talk about the
history of the school and its greatness.

Due to God's grace (absolutely not my merit), I can
help financially at least one poor student
(irrespective of caste, religion, party etc.) in the
school to fulfill his/her minimum needs. If there are
more students needing financial support and if it is
beyond me, I will make a sincere request to my friends
and other beautiful human beings to help.

Kiindlly, please let me know if there is such need in
Chilumuru school or any where else.

With love,

Ramesh

---------------------------------

From: Rama Chennupati <ramachennupati@gmail.com>
Reply-To: AndhraOne@googlegroups.com
To: AndhraOne@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Just a thought: let us discuss & ACT!
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 08:19:46 -0500

A great contribution from NRI.

http://www.andhrajyothy.com/sunday/sundayshow.asp?qry=nri

On 1/10/06, Chandu Sambasiva Rao <srchandu@gmail.com>
wrote:

Madhu has a point. I think this discussion should put
all the ideas on
table, as we are doing rightly so. However, I do
think, it is easier to

do without involving Govt bodies in smaller projects.
There is still
some commitment from the beneficiaries as we will
nurture and take care
of issues related to that.

To start with, let us stay away from Govt. bodies and
as the interest

grows and when we embark on bigger projects, dealing
with Govt.
programs may be more worthy of volunteers' time. I
think you can build
this compromise into the framework.

If the funds we are looking at is under $500 per case,
may be we should

run without much of coordination with third party
agencies.

I like your idea of addressing the basic needs in
schools, which is
some thing we all understand and have passion for.

Regards,
Chandu

------------
It's not the hand that signs the laws that holds the
destiny of
America. It's the hand that casts the ballot.
--Harry S. Truman

Thanks,
Sagar Yerramsetti.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments: